Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

COLLECTION: Victorinox Soldier Year 2003 (1961 Model) 93mm (2000s)

As I was thinking on what to focus on the Swiss Army Knife collecting, I decided that one of the model series I want to collect is the Soldier's Knife series, the knife that started it all for the Victorinox brand.

The Soldier model is being produced by Victorinox and Wenger (SI) for the Swiss Army every year since 1891. There has been four models so far, the original 1891, the 1951, the 1961 and the 2008.  You can read more about the model changes at www.sakwiki.com.

Since collecting all of the Soldier's knife for every year that it has been produced will be cost prohibited, I've decided to just collect the Soldier's knife produced in every year of my family members' birth years.

This is the first of my "Birth Years Collection" series.  2003 is my eldest son's birth year. The 2003 is part of the Soldier 1961 model where the Alox scales were first used for the Soldier's knife.








This particular knife was part of a big lot I purchased from one of my favorite ebay sellers. I got another Soldier's knife in this lot that I will post in a later date.




References:
www.sakwiki.com





No comments:

Post a Comment